PGDM in Data Science and Business Analytics
IIMT is offering a specialised course in Data Science and Business Analytics from the academic year 2022-23 Academic year. It is designed for graduates from a wide range of disciplines and experience. It provides skills in data analytics and business, along with computing. The course covers analytical techniques, social network visualisation, professional software, including R tidyverse, Python and SQL/ NoSQL, as well as and sentiment analysis. Candidates enrolling into the course shall gain the skills and knowledge to use data for commercial gain and boost their employability.
In addition to the fundamental business management papers, it covers five core modules, one optional module depending upon the interests of the candidate, and a masters-level project in a software enterprises in the summer. Student projects can be on data analytics, computing or business and can be a multidisciplinary mix of these areas. Throughout the programme, you shall learn how to master sophisticated analytics techniques and professional software, including R tidyverse, Python and SQL/NoSQL databases, to handle and exploit big data, and to work as part of a project team. You also develop practical and professional competence in data science and business analytics, and learn to make strategic decisions in a broad range of business-related practical situations.
- Software Development and Databases
- Non-Relational Databases in a Big Data Environment
- Modelling and Analytics for Data Science
- Big Data and Social Network Visualization
- Contemporary Issues in Data Science
- Dissertation and Project
- International Finance
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Social Media Theory
- Current Issues in International Business
- International Business Strategy for Competitive Advantage
- Operations and Project Management
- Data Analytics and Finance